We have lots going on at Puppy Hill Farm, and we can only accomplish our goals with your help!
Choose from one of the following areas and speak with one of our volunteer coordinators about getting involved.
- Adoption Days. We hold adoption days every weekend at PetSmart in Gainesville. Volunteers are needed to help set-up, walk the animals, talk to people, hand out our literature, and break down at the end of the day. If you like animals and enjoy talking to people about animals, this is a great choice for you!
- Fund Raisers. A wide range of opportunities here, from helping out at garage and bake sales to joining a committee to organize a Dog Walk.
- Data entry. If you know your way around a keyboard, you could help us with our record-keeping. A great job with the freedom to work where you want, when you want.
- Fosters. Do you have an interest in fostering dogs or cats? This takes a BIG commitment to the animals and the organization, but is so rewarding! Training provided.
- Helping at the Farm – We need people to help wash and brush dogs and to just spend time with the animals.
- Do you have any special skills, like grooming or dog-training? If so, we REALLY need to talk!!!
- Do you have any great ideas that we might use? Don’t be shy, speak up! If you’ve worked for any other animals welfare groups before, please pass on programs that were successful for them! Remember, we’re all trying to help the animals!
Here's how to sign up
If you are interesting in volunteering, stop by PetSmart during adoption hours or send us an email with the following information:
Your Full Name
Contact information (phone and/or email)
Any Comments that you may have
Volunteers are needed to help set-up, unload, walk dogs, cuddle cats, water, clean up after, and spend time with animals. There are two shifts each day:
Saturdays 10-2 or 1:30 -5:30
Sundays 11:00-2:00 or 12:30-4:30
1. Volunteers need to try and commit to a full shift each time they volunteer
2. Volunteers must schedule shifts for the upcoming weekend, either the weekend before, or during the week to email@example.com or at 352-478-1444
3. Volunteers should commit to a minimum of 4 shifts within a 2 month period
4. Petsmart requires that all volunteers under the age of 16 be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
Counselors must be over 21 and trained in adoption counseling in order to do any adoptions.
Fosters generally volunteer with Puppy Hill Farm for at least a month and may then be considered for foster homes. Fosters must be at least 21.
3. Bringing the animal to adoption events regularly
4. Advising Puppy Hill Farm immediately of any injury, illness, or aggressive behavior
5. In event of serious or life-threatening injury to the pet, medical treatment must be sought immediately. Fosters will be reimbursed if emergency treatment options are needed.
We provide food, needed supplies, medical supplies when needed, and any necessary medical care. Fosters may need to provide transportation to our approved vets for surgery or other medical procedures.